1. I promised Casey that I would finally start watching Game of Thrones with him because the dude’s been bugging me about it for ages. And we’re maybe 4 episodes in and I’m just like. Why. Someone please tell me what it is about this show that makes everyone’s nips hard? I just don’t get it. Does it take a while to get into? Halp me understand.
2. Speaking of ridiculous TV shows. I’m feeling pretty meh about the pick for the next Bachelor. What’s his name even? Archie? Arnie? I could just goog it but that means opening up a new tab and reading and I’m just feeling kinda lazy right now. Anyways, I didn’t watch when Alfie was on whoever’s season so I have no emotional connection to him. But maybe that’s a good thing? Or maybe I just won’t watch it this season? (Somewhere in this house Casey is rolling his eyes hysterically at the thought of that ever happening.)
3. Willa is getting pretty close to walking. Part of me is all, you better don’t! as I shove her down from standing. But another part of me really wants this because she has been so physically needy lately. Particularly during the hours of 4-6pm. She just wants to be held nonstop. Which makes it difficult to do anything else, especially make dinner. I think walking might distract her long enough for me to make our weekly stuffed lobsters with crab imperial. (Somewhere in this house Casey is rolling his eyes hysterically at the thought of that ever happening.) ((And mentally calculating how much that dish would cut into our monthly budget.))
4. Ok seriously though. I’m in a bit of a cooking rut. I’m so bored with it, quite honestly. When you consistently cook 3 meals a day plus at least 2 snacks for a family… it gets old as shit. Not trying to complain but whyyyyy. Any of you awesome parents have super quick, super delicious, super cheap recipes that a toddler will actually eat? Please send them my way! And while you’re at it, could you please send me some chinese takeout too thanksssss. And a bottle of wine. Red. No, white. No red. Both. And some twizzlers. And sushi! Wait. What were we talking about again?
5. Crosby is starting preschool this week (I can’t even.) and last week his teacher came over for a home visit. We’d been practicing her name for several days prior to that (Mrs. O) and so while she was here I asked Crosby if he remembered what her name was… and he shouted MRS. O! Which was super great yay good job etc! And then he very quickly followed it up with MR. POOP! ::facepalm:: I don’t know if she actually heard this because she was getting something out of her purse in the other room at the time. But seriously, what is it with little kids and the word poop? How do they decide that it’s such a funny thing to say? I don’t know how but I’m sure in some way it’s Donald Trumps fault.
6. Embarrassing thing I’ve googled recently: what do bears in zoos do in the winter?
7. Something that I’ve noticed since moving back to MN… drivers here do not care about pedestrians at.all. In Portland, pedestrians are treated like royalty. Drivers basically stop and roll out a red carpet for anyone who looks even remotely interested in jaywalking across a busy road. I loved it! But here, folks could care freaking less. A few weeks ago I saw an old couple trying to cross a fairly busy road and no one stopped. Finally someone did, but as the couple crossed, an oncoming car started honking their horn from like, forever away. It was so sad! MN drivers, get your shit together and slow down for the elderly. And me and my kids.
8. Has anyone seen IT? Casey has been begging me to see it with him… but I fear as though I may need to borrow one of Crosby’s diapers if I watch it. I used to love scary movies but now I’m a big fat weanie and I would prefer to not start weeping in the middle of a crowded theater.
9. Casey and I are house-swapping with my mom and stepdad this coming weekend. Meaning we’re going to go and stay at their house in Alexandria and they’re going to come and stay at our place…. with our kids. aliwaleijweliwgoismlwiejfioih!!!! I have only spent one night away from Willa and Crosby since Willa was born (she’ll be 1 in October). So I feel like this weekend is well deserved. We’re going on a date on Friday night and a grape stomp at our wedding winery with some friends on Saturday. I’m obviously going to miss my sweet little ankle biters, but I am also suuuuuper pumped to pee in peace for a whole weekend.
10. I took these photos of Crosby and Willa over a month ago but I’ve been having some computer troubles, so I just finally got them loaded on here and anyways here they are and you’re like shut up already would you. Well here they are if you’d like to see!
I mean…. how precious and perfect and cute are they!?!!!
But let’s be honest, this is what life with these two actually looks like…