It’s taken me a while to get my writing mojo back after the emotional hangover of my last few posts. But I do want to say thank you so very much to all of you who took the time to read my words and reach out… in both support and empathy. I’m in awe of the beauty that comes from vulnerability. Thank you thank you thank you for joining this important conversation.
But for the sake of my sanity, let’s switch gears for the moment. Because we have many other (less) important things to talk about.
1. First things first. I need this shirt in my life.
2. You guys. I’m stating the obvious here but whyyyy does it have to get dark so early? Every day I’m like, welp time to start making dinner. Oh wait… it’s 3:15. I still have 5 hours of mom-ing left before
3. Along the same lines… the early darkness has me putting on sweatpants earlier and earlier these days. I’m lucky if I make it to 5pm without changing out of my “normal clothes” (hahahahaaaa) and into my comfies. I mean, jeans are basically formal wear at this point in life.
4. Does anyone have a recipe that calls for garlic stuffed olives, leftover white rice and hardened tortillas? Cuz that’s pretty much all that’s in my refrigerator right now.
5. Casey and I are planning a trip to Mexico in February. (It was one of my stipulations in agreeing to move back to this ice cube.) I’m leaning heavily towards Tulum but it’s rather pricey so we haven’t committed yet. Anyone been? Hotel recommendations? Excursion recommendations? Guacamole recommendations?
6. I shared this on instastories a while back, but in case you missed it, Crosby filled out a little questionnaire thing at preschool shortly after he started… and when asked what his favorite subject in school was, he said “hanging up my bag.” Obviously. I asked him the same question today after school and you’ll be happy to hear that he’s now moved on to “I really like snack time and when I raise my hand to get more snacks.” Watch out, Ivy League!
7. PSA of the day… I recently got a sample of Biossance face oil and I swear to you, it is pure magic. I’m kind of obsessed with skincare and have tried a LOT of products in my day (sorry bank account! and Casey.) and this one is in my top 5 of ever. So, you just go right on ahead and add it to your Christmas list. But only if you want your face to feel like a baby’s ass.
8. This is going to make me sound coconuts but what else is new. I do not know what color eyes my children have. I’m serious. They’re like… technicolor. I keep referring to them as “mutt eyes” and I probably should stop that? Anyways, I really don’t know how to figure it out. Is there an app for that?
9. We’re having our first Home Alone Christmas party this weekend! Our friends (Hi Laurie and Joe!) hosted one every year in Portland and now we’re carrying on/stealing the tradition. We’re serving lovely cheese pizza and Pepsi cocktails and I may or may not have recreated Kevin’s battle plan poster while the kids were napping yesterday. There’s literally no shame in my Home Alone game. I’ll take some photos and maybe post em here next week, if you’d care to see? …..Hello?
10. Embarrassing thing I’ve googled recently: is there a plural of Ivy League?